• why is finding motivation sometimes difficult?
  • why is finding motivation sometimes difficult?

“Only i can change my life. No one can do it for me”.

Carol Burnett

I feel like finding motivation or staying motivated is one of the hardest things we individuals can ever do or accomplish. Sometimes it really takes a toll on me to stay motivated even when I have the brightest idea or ideas. A lot of people start with a large amount of motivation and yet no matter how hard they try, they can never seem to carry a project out until the end. Motivation naturally drops, especially as the difficulty of the work you are doing drops. I have realized that sometimes when I come up with a great idea about something that interests me, or something that would benefit me in the nearest future, I find it really hard to put those ideas to work, and soon after, I often come up with excuses or reasons as to why I won’t be able to execute that idea or plan, so I end up pushing it aside. This happens to me a lot.

The question I keep asking myself is, how often do we need the motivation to drink to water? or how often do we need the motivation to make ourselves a cup of coffee? this things just happen automatically without very little thought,

So far, I have been doing quite a few research here and there trying to figure out how one can find the motivation one needs or stay motivated without having any second thoughts or doubts, without finding the slightest excuse of why you cannot do that particular thing. The more time or effort it takes to do something, the harder it will be to find the motivation to do it. for example, when you aren’t doing what you love, you often lose motivation quickly are mine right?

I figured out that in other for me to stay motivated, I would need to really dig deep to find my (why)! I would need to ask myself the necessary questions like why are mine doing this? what do I hope to achieve, are mine doing this because every other person is doing it or because of my love or interest in it? These are some of the questions I now ask myself before embarking on any new task. Trust me, it is not as easy as it sounds but, If I can figure out my (why) then I would probably find the motivation I need to proceed.

Another cool thing I figured out is that it is important to break things down as small as I possibly can no matter what that task is. Finding the will to do stuff can be quite difficult, most especially when you don’t know where to begin, so I have realized that it’s always less stressful and demanding when I’ve broken things down, I start feeling more motivated because I now know what needs to be done and how I’m going to achieve it. It is not as simple as it sounds I know, but with practice, it sure helps.

It is hard to understand why we sometimes struggle to find the motivation we need to get things down, its a problem that each and every one of us faces at some point in our lives. I presume we all go through periods in our lives when we feel like we are left behind or like we cannot do anything, we feel demotivated and sad, if you find it hard to be motivated from time to time, you are not alone, nothing worth having comes easy.

I hope you enjoyed this post if you have any thoughts on this topic feel free to share them in the comment section below. Until next time šŸ™‚

17 Comments

1. February 7, 2020 / 7:31 pm

Very true. I understood that when these periods come one must not strive, but let them pass and live the strength that paradoxically leave us to go on.

2. Tia mckinzie
      February 8, 2020 / 1:01 am

I am such a slacker sometimes and I find even more so when I have a lot on my plate that i slack off even more. I know if I sit down and I say okay this is what I am going to do, one task at a time and I will get it done little by little.

3. February 8, 2020 / 8:29 am

Can I just say you look beautiful! Staying motivated is difficult, but I use SMART targets to help me prioritize tasks. It helps somewhat in making me feel more in control of all the things I have to do.

4. Marie
      February 8, 2020 / 4:51 pm

I am reading an excellent book about this very subject right now. It is helping me to keep my dreams and motivation going even when life is so difficult around me and I don’t want to do it anymore. You are right that we all go through this!

5. February 8, 2020 / 7:08 pm

I struggle sometimes with motivation and I find that list making can be very helpful for me. Thanks so much for sharing this with all of us!

6. February 8, 2020 / 11:31 pm

It can be so hard to motivate myself sometimes. Breaking it down into smaller pieces tends to help me. That way I can at least say I got something done and I’m not so hard on myself.

7. February 10, 2020 / 5:25 am

I struggle with motivation sometimes. I try to get things done before they are due so I can rest easy and not stress.

8. February 10, 2020 / 8:35 am

It can be hard sometimes, but I try to find small tasks and do them first. After that becomes easier.

9. makeupmuddle
      February 10, 2020 / 5:25 pm

I always try to break things down into more manageable tasks, so to try and reduce any overwhelm. You look so beautiful xo

Makeup Muddle

10. February 11, 2020 / 4:27 am

i realise that breaking down the tasks make it easier for me, then I will put it on my agenda.
      but if you are feeling overwhelm, it’s ok to take a step back and reflect

xoxo
      style frontier

11. February 12, 2020 / 2:04 pm

I am in a phrase of life that I lost my dad about a month back. Feeling really sad but looking back those wonderful memories giving me strength .

12. Hannah Marie
      February 13, 2020 / 7:14 am

This an interesting topic. I guess it is related to what your purpose in doing things is. It might be easy to find it internally.

13. February 15, 2020 / 8:19 pm

Great content! Super high-quality! Keep it up! šŸ™‚

• amarajakobsen
        Author
        February 17, 2020 / 4:49 pm

Thank you!

• amarajakobsen
        Author
        February 17, 2020 / 4:48 pm

Thanks for the visit beautiful Jess!

Share your thoughts